Conference Followed by the Entire Cryptocurrency World Has Begun: 4 Major US Government Officials Are Announcing Cryptocurrency Enforcements
The major cryptocurrency enforcement conference has begun, attended by Attorney General Merrick B. Garland, Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen, Deputy Attorney General Lisa O. Monaco, and CFTC Chairman Rostin Behnam.
Here are the important highlights from the live conference (will be updated as the conference continues):
- The US Department of Justice reported that Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao pleaded guilty to criminal charges.
- Binance Holdings pleads guilty, agrees to pay over $4 billion to US authorities.
- According to the US Department of Justice, Binance allowed transactions with ISIS, Al Qaeda and Hamas.
- Binance and Zhao have made incredible profits from breaking federal laws.
- Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao came to the USA and surrendered.
- Binance also allowed transactions with Iran, Cuba and Syria, according to the US Department of Justice.
- Yellen: We are taking the largest sanctions action in the history of the US Treasury Department.
- Binance will report all suspicious transactions to US authorities, which it has insisted on not reporting until now.
- The supervisory authority will have access to all transactions of Binance.
- Yellen: Additional penalties may be imposed on Binance.
Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao agreed to pay a $50 million fine and resign as CEO. However, Zhao will continue to own all shares in the company.
The news will be constantly updated…
*This is not investment advice.